Friday, July 17, 2009

Country Morning Stitching


I admit it. I have a "thing" about chicken stamps. Not that I am in love with the animal - I actually think they are a little vile in real life (have you ever been PECKED by one?) and I apologize to any of you who take umbrage with my revulsion. I just think there is something "homey" ("homey as used by adults, not my 15 y/o old) about chicken stamps. I am not a "country" kind of gal -- more suburban to be sure, but I do love a good chicken stamp!

Now, that being said, this is a brand new stamp from Stampin' Up! from a hostess set called Country Morning. Today's Blogger's Challenge was to use stitching on our creations. Mine uses Faux Stitching (from the April 2006 Technique Junkie Newsletter), since -- I don't sew anything but buttons and hems with a needle and thread. I think it goes pretty well with the country theme I have going on!

My chicken was colored with Copics and layered on a Torn Frame (December 2008 TJNL). This was layered over Autumn Traditions DSP. I used the Falling Leaves set behind the label punch. Oh -- I forgot! The label punch is not normally this long -- I actually took pictures of how I did this, and I will post them on Sunday (they are on a camera that my DH has, currently, at boy scout camp).

In any case, I am sorry to babble on! Have a nice weekend!

24 comments:

Lisa Martz said...

Looks like a country kitchen! Very nice card!

Barb Hardeman said...

Great job Pat...

di said...

Great card - I agree with Lisa - looks like a country kitchen

Stampin_melissa said...

I'm not a lover of chicken but I think you did a FAB job ("fab" as used by KEWL people, not as a construction worker) ;) Love the layout and homey feel of your card!

Lisa Somerville said...

Your choice of DSP works wonderfuly with the rooster image! Love the Faux Stitching!

Margaret Raburn said...

Pat, love the layout with oval in center, frame and the designer paper you've used. Your stitching lends just the perfect country touch to your chicken card!

Rachel Hope said...

So pretty, loved the Quilted look

Basement Stamper said...

Very pretty card, love the patterned paper you used for it!

Claudia Perry said...

great card - love all the DSP!

Kerry D-C said...

aaaaaaaah....there is nothing like a fine chicken stamp! LOL! Fabby card! Great stitching!

Sheryl Dickinson said...

Very "homey" and warm! Love the DSP--perfect with the image.

Ida said...

Great card Pat, Love the papers and how you faux stitched them. The Rooster image is wonderful. This just has a nice country charm about it.

Connie Babbert said...

VERY pretty card, Pat! I just chose this as my hostess set this morning!

Unknown said...

Having grown up in the country and helping to clean and prep those ole chickens for dinner, I can relate to how you feel about chickens. ;-) I do love the way you did this card.
TFS
Diana Enns

Deborah said...

I love the way your card turned out. The quilt-look background and buttons all lend to a country feel. Really nice paper choices too.

Lori said...

Your stitching works beautifully with the image and papers.

Patty Williams said...

I love, love , love..did I say LOVE this card !

Selene Kempton said...

It's so funny... I think what you talked about is why i'm NOT a fan of chicken stamps! Your post might change my mind.. I'm always challenging my downline to change my mind on the darn roosters.. LOL You Rock!

Selene Kempton said...

It's so funny... I think what you talked about is why i'm NOT a fan of chicken stamps! Your post might change my mind.. I'm always challenging my downline to change my mind on the darn roosters.. LOL You Rock!

Darlene L said...

Great card Pat. I collect chicken/rooster rubber stamps. I'm a farm girl turned city city and now back to the farm which has no chickens--thank goodness Vile indeed.

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Pat, I totally agree with you on the chicken image! I love the image but not the real thing, unless it's just the chicks. We used to have a chicken coop when I was little. The baby chicks are so fuzzy and cute but the adult chickens are, well, chickens. I love your card and the quilting is perfect! Marva

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Lovely mix of patterns Pat! Your stitching looks terrific too! :D

Etha said...

beautiful card Pat!! love the slightly dark colors :)

elaine said...

I love the card, the quilted feel is great! I don't exactly feel that chickens are vile, they are just incredibly stupid! I grew up on a farm and raised chickens for my 4-H project several years. I learned a lot and got paid well for the chickens when they won blue ribbons but it was a lot of work with very stupid animals. I still love to EAT chicken. I only have 3 chickens now and when they die I don't think I'm going to replace them, I'll just buy eggs at the store!