Friday, July 10, 2009

Blogger's Challenge -- CASE-ing Margaret

CASE: Copy and "Steal" Everything.
That was today's Blogger's Challenge. We were charged with CASE-ing another Blogger's Challenge member. I chose to use a card from Margaret Raburn as my inspirational CASE. A little about Margaret: I have known her for at least 8 or 9 years online. In addition to her wonderful stamping talent, I find her to be humble, sweet and giving. It is my HONOR to CASE her.
Okay, so down to it...Here is my card:

For my card, I used a Shimmering Resist Background for the main green panel (August 2008 issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter -- also on CD6). This is a VERY shimmery card in-person -- I had a hard time capturing the shimmer. A little slice of it is on the right so that you can see how pretty it is. My focal image was smaller than Margaret's so I had to add an extra black layer (under the seahorse) and I also had to change where the embellishments were because of the scale of my image. For comparison, here is Margaret's card:
I think that I haven't done her justice! When I see the cards side-by-side like this, Margaret's certainly is far superior. Beautiful work, Margaret!

Make sure to check out the other Blogger Challenge cards -- click on the logo on my sidebar to see all the challenge participants.

21 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

Margaret's card is truly lovely, but you have done is great justice. I love your shimmery paper and your image is perfectly suited to this style of card. Nicely done...

Kerry D-C said...

ooooh! what a wonderful card and stamper you chose to CASE! Both her card and your are beautiful!! Lovely summer card, Pat!

Lisa Martz said...

Beautiful! I can just see the shimmer...wish our scanners/cameras could capture the FULL beauty of things we want it to! Love the layout of the card!

Unknown said...

I can see why you chose to case that card, it's stunning! Love your take on it!

Selene Kempton said...

Simply Gorgeous Pat and Margaret!

Lisa Somerville said...

Great take on Margarets card - love colors and the shimmer!

Patti Chesky said...

Both cards are gorgeous......the shimmer on yours gives it that extra something!!! Very nice!

Connie Babbert said...

I love that card from Margaret and you did a great job with your CASE!

Ida said...

Fabulous card and case. Both yours and Margaret's cards are just beautiful. Hard to pick which one I like best, so I won't!

Rachel Hope said...

Wonderful CASE, love the details!

Unknown said...

Really pretty! Both of them!

Basement Stamper said...

ohhhh, ahhhh, love the colors and the little seahorse is cute!

Lisa Bohler said...

Both cards are gorgeous! Love the colors and that backgrounds is fantastic!!!!

Beth Norman said...

Oh Pat, I love what you did. An awesome job on CAS'ng.

Regina Cornelius regcorn@zoominternet.net said...

you did a beautiful job!

Margaret Raburn said...

Oh,Pat, I'm blushing at all the nice things you said about me. You made my week!! :) Your card is beautiful and that background is stunning! I love those shimmery, pearly,iridescent techniques! Great case!

Anonymous said...

Love the seahorse--wish it were mine!
Great job on your CASEing.
Nola

Lori said...

Great CASE, Pat! Love all the shimmer.

ポテト said...

ポテト!って家庭によって作ったのは、椎茸ごはんジャーマンポテトジャガイモに慣れたお客様が入り道で栽培されているんですね。

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Such a beautiful card Pat! Love the addition of the three buttons! Perfect for the summer! :D

Sheryl Dickinson said...

Oooh I can see why you chose Margaret's card to case-gorgeous. Yours is equally beautiful--love the background you chose!