Tuesday, July 10, 2007

It's a Zoo around here!


...A "Zoofari" that is! A week or two ago I made a pledge to an online friend to flood one of the lists I am on with cards from this Stampin' Up! set to convince people to buy it...and I haven't had a chance to pick up a monkey since! I decided to ink some animals today (actually, I was task-avoiding -- I am VERY good at that!) and see what I could make. This set challenges me -- I tend toward the elegant, classic or funky style, so these cards just didn't come fast. It helps that the little guys in this set are so cute! Birthday and baby cards come to mind for these stamps. Of the cards I made today, I really like the one above the best -- I think it is because of the color combination... what do you think?
The card above has the words "Hey Chick" Stamped inside. I mixed alot of yellows here (between the colored pencils on the chicks, the paper and the ribbon), but I think it still works... and finally...


Here is my snake dude. For those of you who have this set, you know that our little snake friend normally has a tongue -- but that tongue looks quite a bit like a cigarette! Since this set screams KID CARDS, A SSSSmokin' SSSSnake just doesn't work for me...so with this card, I colored the image with markers and just omitted that part of the image. Now, though, he looks like a bit of a worm...What do you think? With, or without the tongue??

One last thing... While I was working with this set, those old Cool Cat urges came upon me...I MUST RESIST...The obsession tends to take over my stamping life for a few days! If you don't know what I'm talking about, check this out: Cool Cat or Cruel Cat: You Decide! -- Beware though, it is not for the faint of heart!

'till next time...

7 comments:

Stefanie said...

Too cute Pat! I love all your zoofari creations. And I vote no tongue!

rozie640 said...

I loved Loopy Kitty. Your Zoofari cards are adorable, I'm waiting for the Zoofari gone wild cards!! Can't wait to see where's monkey.

Etha said...

Oh I love that snake!! He is just too cute, could get by as a worm too, just give him an apple to grin at! Like the colors on that card too, very well done :)

anita said...

Oh Pat, don't resist...let the creatures RUN WILD!!!
As far as the snake, I think he looks good as a worm. And, I'm glad you are looking out for kids' health. : )
Great cards - my fav is the chicks - you did a great job with the yellows.
Stamping Smiles,
Anita

Karen said...

they are all great! lookin' forward to the Zoofari series. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Pat Thanks for making my monday a little brighter.I feel about the same way with cat. LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh, Pat!!! Sssssmokin' Ssssnake MUST be a world traveler like Cool Cat was! Be sure to let me know if that wild urge gets the best of you.
Sue E