Tuesday, July 31, 2007

In the West...



Did you ever take a mini-vacation in your mind?



I did today. I went "Out West" with my stamps as a diversion from some of the stamping "chores" I had on my plate today. I've had the Stampin' Up! Wanted stamps on the left for a couple of weeks and was just waiting for the right inspiration to use them. I came across the striped scrap of designer paper while cleaning my desk, and I knew what I wanted to do.

I whipped this card out up the Stippled Frames Technique from the current newsletter. It took me longer to find the oval template in my studio than to actually make the card! I put a little twist on the card, though, by using the template to dry emboss the stippled frame. I like how it turned out. Do you?



The second thing I "found" on my desk was this piece of veined marble (again, from the 8-07 newsletter). This card uses a the Kokopelli and Dance with your Spirit sets from The Angel Company. I added a thin line of gold glitter glue around the lizard and the veined marble, but you can't see it on the card. This is a "short" card -- the green and white panel are shorter than the white panel with the little lizards.

I hope you enjoyed sharing my mini-vacation to the wild west!

No comments: