Monday, November 3, 2008

TSSC 42: Winter Wonder (Holiday Blogstravaganza)


Our Holiday Blogstravaganza Continues!

Today's card was made for Technostamper Challenge 42. My entry uses the Vanilla Double Technique from way back to the October 2005 issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter. I cheated just a teensy-tiny bit -- instead of a ribbon-style banner, I added the "snow" with torn paper, liquid applique, and glitter -- I hope it is close enough : )

The penguin and the star are stamps from The Angel Company; the snowflakes are from VAP stamps, and the Wheel in the way-background is from Stampin' Up!. I know this is a very simple card -- but it was a simple layout, and that penguin is just sooooo cute!! They kind of reminded me of a "short" film I saw a bit ago -- The Madagascar Penguins in a Christmas Caper. Enjoy!

8 comments:

MJ said...

How stinkin cute is that little guy, I love those penguins in Madagascar! What a fun card. Love it. Thanks so much for playing along Pat.

Hetty said...

Hi Pat,
I love your version of the sketch! Penguins are always so cute!!

Margaret Raburn said...

Very cute lil' penguin and take on the sketch. Fun card!

Becca said...

Super Cute!!! I like the way you layered with Red & Black, it really makes this POP. I am going to dust off my penguin stamps...I am inspired.

Anonymous said...

Cute penguin! Great colors,too! I need to buy some penguins.
Evette Rice

Anonymous said...

Great card!! I love that little penguin.

Kerry D-C said...

Cool Beans!!! the snow looks neat!!

StampinCathy said...

This is just adorable! Another amazing and inspiring card.