Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Clear Ornament Tutorial


The TJ Holiday Blogstravaganza continues! Today, I have a tutorial for the ornament above -- and a challenge for you, too! Although this idea for ornaments is not new, it is always nice to remember old favorites! All stamps: Artistic Outpost
Supplies
*Acetate or Transparency
*Clear Glass Ornament
*Circle Cutter or Circle Punch Larger than Image
*Stamp with Image smaller than ornament
*Sharpies, Copic Markers, Gel Glaze Pen or Watercolor Crayons
*StazOn Ink
*Glitter

Step One:
Stamp the image with StazOn ink over the acetate or transparency. I use Inkjet transparencies, and I stamp the image on the smooth size.






Step Two:
Turn the image to the back and color with copic markers, sharpies, watercolor crayons, acrylic paints or Gel Glaze Pens.











Step Three:
Use the Circle cutter or punch to cut the image out.












Step Four:
Roll the image into a tube, with the colored area on the inside of the image. Make the roll slightly smaller than the whole in the tops of the ornament. Slide the acetate into the ornament. NOTE: If the image does not drop into the ornament straight, use an eraser from the end of a pencil to move the acetate into place.






Step Five:
Place a teaspoon of glitter into the ornament.













Step Six:
Replace the top and tie a ribbon around it.

Easy, right? Okay then, here is the challenge:
Create an ornament by Monday, November 17th. You can create any style ornament using any technique or idea of your choice (just use rubber stamps and/or paper crafting supplies). Then send it to me via email, post it to the TJ group OR place it on your blog or gallery elsewhere and leave the link in a message on this post.

I will collect all of the images and I will place them in a post next week -- and will pick a winner from them randomly. The winner will receive a $10.00 gift certificate from Technique Junkies, to be used on any TJ product of your choice. Come play!

Today, I also have several of the TJ Designers who have posted for the Blogstravaganza:
Lisa Somerville at Splendiferous Creations
Deb Lovett on the TJ Design Team Blog
Jane at Jane's Addiction

Check back every day for the TJ Blogstravaganza - right through Christmas!

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love making these ornaments. TFS

Anonymous said...

Pat, I love this technique. I must try it out! I'm just posting my cards for you right now.

Etha said...

What fun! I just made a few ornaments that are very easy and quick to do. I have them posted here .

Linda said...

Wonderful ornament! well done.
hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

Cool Pat!! Love doing these!! I'll get one going!! :)

Anonymous said...

Here is a link to my ornament. These are very fun.

http://www.stampwithjulie.com

liannallama said...

great project! That is really cute!