Friday, November 14, 2008

Blogger's Challenge - Chocolate Peace


Today's Blogger's Challenge was a color challenge to use Baja Blue and Chocolate Chip, along with a little vanilla or white, on our creation. I think this is a wonderful, classic combination of colors, and they work perfectly for elegant holiday cards. That is a good thing for those of us in the midst of the TJ Holiday Blogstravaganza!


I chose to stamp the saying stamp (Penny Black) in brown over the blue sled stamp (River City Rubber). I took that mounted panel and placed it on a piece of designer paper used with the Pleated Paper Technique (Technique Junkie CD 6 Bonus Technique). Those were layered over a piece of designer paper...that I brayered ink onto. The blue designer paper started it's life as cream and brown; I wanted it blue, so I brayered it that way. I think I learned to do that from Lisa Somerville last year.

Speaking of CD 6 - Nancy Judd is giving one away on her blog!! Go Enter!
If you have time, click on the Blogger's Challenge logo on my sidebar to see what the other Challenge players are doing this week.
Make sure to take a look at the Holiday Blogstravaganza submissions from the Technique Junkie Design Team:
Lisa Somerville of Splendiferous Creations





19 comments:

Kerry D-C said...

Wow!! super pretty!

Jingle said...

Very pretty! Those are great colors!

Lisa Somerville said...

Pretty - love the sentiment

Connie Fossenier said...

Pat I so love your card..and wonderful PP compliments the color.
Love the folding idea.
connie paxman

Lynn Mercurio said...

Lovely Pat...what a cool technique!

Patti Chesky said...

I love the pleating technique!! I have some of that patterned paper...I'm gonna grab my brayer and transform it!!

Selene Kempton said...

Pat, you did such a great job! I really love the folded paper technique! Awesome..

Unknown said...

So pretty Pat, love the fancy folds!

Nikki Bond said...

Very pretty! Love the DP and the swirl stands out beautifully! {SMILES}

Barb Hardeman said...

Super card, Pat. The folding technique was just made for this layout. Very pretty...

Ida said...

Lovely card. The subtle look of the sled with the saying stamped over is really nice.

Chrissy D said...

This is pretty! TFS!

Michelle D in Oregon said...

I love that color combo!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Very pretty, love the clean look ... and that paper pleating is perfect!

Kristen said...

very pretty.Great combo.

Rachel Hope said...

Ooooo, Pretty!

Lisa Bohler said...

LOVE the pleats! Really pretty card, Pat!

Lori said...

So pretty! The pleated paper and the brayered paper look so nice together.

Marilyn SanClemente said...

wow!! I love the use of the Au Chocolate paper! I loved that paper.