Monday, April 21, 2008

TSSC 14 - Dry Embossed Wash

My entry for the Technostamper Sketch Challenge uses the Dry Embossed Wash Technique from the December 2007 issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter. I loved the birds on this folder and thought that the bird from Stampin' Up!'s Always stamp set would be perfect with it. I am pleased with the card! The word Celebrate is from a great Impression Obsession set I have that has tons of words on it.


I wonder if I can ever make a TSSC without flipping it? I flipped the original sketch again this week. You see, I wanted to use a new Cuttlebug embossing folder with a bird on it, and the only way I could do it and have it look right was to turn the sketch.


This is the original sketch. Am I close enough?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your card Pat!! The cuttlebug is a great addition to it.

Lynn Put said...

Ooooo this is beautiful, I love the embossed BG's on this!

MJ said...

Looks great to me! I love those backgrounds -- I can't find the dot one anywhere. Your card is super fun with all the textures -- and it even has a technique this week! Thanks for playing Pat.

Lisa Somerville said...

The cuttlebug folder works great with SU's Always set, love the colors.

rozie640 said...

WOW, love your card, that cuttlebug background and technique is fabulous. Beautiful!

Claudia Perry said...

Awesome card! Love the technique with it too!

Anonymous said...

A perfect match with the CB and the bird. Good call and wonderful take on the sketch! Welcome back, Pat...hope you had a wonderful week off.

Ann Clack

Basement Stamper said...

pat, love the colors you used and the cuttlebug folder you used is perfect on this card. Great job!

Bunny B said...

Beautiful card! I love it!!

Anonymous said...

Oh,oh,oh! How beautiful this card is! Now I NEED both of those folders and that stamp set. I have been contemplating buying all of them and your card just pushed me over the edge. How do you manage to get such a complete coverage of ink on the bold bird stamp?
Sue Erickson

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Beautiful card. I love birds and both the SU bird and the CB folder are wonderful.

Sherry said...

What a Lovely card! Where ever did you find the Cuttlebug EF with the Birds on it?!! I think I need that!

MJ..I go to "Oh My Crafts" for my EF's, they have most of them and a great deal right now.. 8 for less than $40.(free ship)

I love that you flip the sketches Pat! Ü

Jules said...

Very pretty card!