Monday, April 7, 2008

TSSC 12 - Faux Brick


I have sinned.

I covet these stamps. My friend Valerie just signed on as a Close To My Heart Consultant and brought these stamps over Friday for me to look at. Of course I love them, and that wicked, wicked, evil girl knows that they will be on my next order. So which is a bigger sin -- coveting the stamps or giving in to the impulse to buy them?

In any case, my sketch card for Mary Jo Price Williams' Technostamper Sketch Challege uses the Faux Brick Technique from the April 2008 issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter as the background piece. The stamps are from the aforementioned coveted set from Close To My Heart. My evil friend let me christen them on Friday,and I just wrote the check out for my own set. Sigh.
I did take a small liberty with the sketch by adding an additional element behind the front panel, but I think I can be forgiven for that. The original sketch is below. Check out Mary Jo's blog to see the other sketch players this week.

11 comments:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Oh yea...those sentiment stamps are high on my wish list!

Anonymous said...

I love your card, the jumbo eyelets and the ribbon are perfect!

MJ said...

I am not sure which is the bigger sin but I can tell you they are on my order going in next week! Tee Hee. I love what you did with this weeks sketch and I love that technique, I will be trying that one our real soon. Thanks for playing Pat.

Gina Wrona said...

Hard to say which is the bigger sin, but I love this card nonetheless.
(((((((((((hugs))))))))
Gina

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautful - love everything about it. Turning the sketch was a great idea too!

Basement Stamper said...

This a great card Pat and I'm a big fan of CTMH, mostly the paper but every now and then I'm suprised with a few stamp sets that I have to have.

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Gorgeous card.

Anonymous said...

pat you really captured a brick look with this card. Love the tones. That is a nice CTMH set.
connie Paxman

Claudia Perry said...

COOL card - I love how you turned the layout!

Kelly said...

Wow, love that card! It's one of my favorite newer CTMH sets, too! I like what you did with it!!

Kerry D-C said...

(gasp!) You Jezebel! LOL! Love love love the card! great spin on the sketch.