Friday, April 4, 2008

Blogger's Challenge 41: Layout copy - Bloomin' Beautiful


Today's Blogger's Challenge was to copy a layout on Page 65 of the Stampin' Up! Catalog. I am yearning for spring in the worst way, so I decided to create my own spring-like card with this challenge. What is more springy than yellow and purple?


The circle on the left is a piece made using the Watercolor Distress technique from the February 2007 issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter. The vase of flowers and the flower on the end of "bloom" were colored using the Gamsol Pearls technique from the April 2006 issue of the Newsletter. (I don't know why I made this so small, but you can double-click on it to make it larger if you are so inclined).


The stamps are from Stampin' Up!; and the ribbon was in the dollar bin at Michaels (I MUST stop buying ribbon! This is an addiction!).


I hope you have a chance to look at the other creations made by the Blogger's Challenge players -- the links to their blogs are on my sidebar.

23 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wonderful Pat...I love how your sentiment grows right out of the bloom. Very nicely done!

Barb Hardeman said...

Delightful Pat...the watercolor distress is so pretty with this image. How cool to line up your word with the flower...excellent job...

MJ said...

What a pretty card, that technique looks perfect behind those beautiful flowers. And the flower at the end of the sentiment is wonderful. You rock. By the way, you were the inspiration for my card today -- it's all your fault, lol.

Ramblin Rose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Connie Babbert said...

I love that set! Great job with the challenge...and the technique is awesome behind the pot of flowers...

Ramblin Rose said...

We need to start a new 12 Step program for ribbon addiction!! Love the card. Going to look up the techniques on my CDs. We need to get spell check on here!

Ramblin Rose

Basement Stamper said...

Ya like ribbon eh??? LOL!!! I love the polka dot ribbon and how shiny it is in the picture.

Love the techniques you used with this card, it really goes well with it.

Lisa Somerville said...

Very pretty, love the WC Distress tech, the colors are beautiful!

tonistamps said...

Nice job Pat! I love how you added the flower to the word too.

MJ said...

Just an FYI, I have nominated you with the Arte Y Pico award you can read about it here...

http://technostamper.blogspot.com/2008/04/award-and-more-monday-sketch-challenge.html

Amy Caraluzzi said...

Beautiful card, Pat, but more importantly...beautiful YOU!

Ladystamper said...

Great card Pat, and don't worry....you aren't the only one with a ribbon addiction....Hi my name is Beckie and I'm a craft junkie....;o)

Ida said...

Another great card with this set (I may have to break down and get this one) - Love how you did the word (bloom) as part of the flower.

Leigh OBrien said...

Gorgeous, Pat. I love the watercolor distress circle layer and the polka dot ribbon.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very pretty! Wonderful idea to have the flower as part of the sentiment! Beautifully done! :D

jjcreations said...

Wow, I love how you used the word for the stem....have done that with Wonderful Words.....of course this makes sense. Beautiful card. Joan

Lori said...

So pretty, Pat! I love how you combined the flower image and the sentiment.

Lisa Bohler said...

Really pretty card, Pat! I like how you layered the flowers onto the "distressed" piece.

Susan said...

I love the card! I haven't tried that technique ... yet! I like the new profile picture too - looks like you are having success with WW. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

So pretty! I just love that vase!

Vicki G said...

This is lovely. Love your use of the technique!!

Vicki

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Just beautiful GF! Luv it!

Anonymous said...

Pat this is a great card. Love the vibrant colors you used. Very nicely done!