Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Cascading Images -- Try that Technique!

Oh my. It has been weeks since I have posted and it is all due to my out-of-control life! At least, it WAS out-of-control, but now I think I have a handle on things and I am embracing my creative muse with both arms outstretched. I was able to just create this weekend and yesterday, too. Getting back in the swing with filming tutorials and creating artwork felt amazingly good. Normal. <insert happy sigh here>

Today I am sharing one of the, um, fruits of my labor. The Try that Technique theme this week is Cascading Images from the April 2012 (current) issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter. These fun stamps are from Mark's Finest Papers & Stamps, a Heinrich Co. -- I just love them! They come with several saying, but my favorite is the combination I used on this card: When Life gives you Lemons... (on the front) and inside:"Throw them back and demand chocolate!"  I, for one, can relate to that.  Remember that MFP offers a 15% discount to Technique Junkies using the code WEEKENDER2.

I colored the lemons and edges with Pastel Pencils using the Pastel Chalk Pencil Blending Technique from the June 2011 issue of the Newsletter. The background embossing was colored using the Pastel Embossing Technique from the Emboss or Die CD.

In any case, I hope you have a chance to try our featured technique this week. I would love to see what you do! And I hope you don't get sick of my postings...I have ALOT to share!

No comments: