Monday, February 25, 2008

Technostamper Sketch 6 - Two cards

Sometimes you have to just do some things twice to get them right. This was one of those times. These two cards are my submissions for Mary Jo Price William's Technostamper Sketch Challenge #6.


The card on the right uses ribbon, designer paper, and one of the scallops from Stampin' Up!'s So Many Scallops set. The White strip is Cuttlebugged, with a swipe of pumpkin pie. The edges of the Orange Designer Series Paper use the Faux Stitching Technique from the April 2006 edition of the Technique Junkie Newsletter. I do like the big grommet in the center of the scallop, but the rest of it seems so "blah" to me...so I made the card below with the sketch, too.

The card on the left uses a Butterfly stamp from Starving Artistamps, layered over a Veined Marble background (Technique Junkies August 2007 issue). I actually like this card better -- I love the gold accents and I really just love the butterfly, too. I added a piece of corrugated paper and a big bold brad to spice up the denim look on the blue strip -- and did a little faux stitching here, too.

Although I like this card much better, I still don't think I nailed it. I can't wait to see what the other players do -- check out Mary Jo's blog to see them all!

The original sketch is below, in case you want to play along...

11 comments:

MJ said...

Pat I love both of these. The first one is so clean and fun looking but the second one is stunning and so interesting with all the textures. Love them both. Thanks so much for playing along.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, love the marble background !!! Just lovely. Laurie from www.stampingforgodsglory.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love these, Pat! Why is it that you are able to make sketches look so easy?!

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the veined marble!

Stampin_Melissa said...

Although both cards are nice, that butterfly card is to die for! Wow! Great job Pat!

rozie640 said...

Both card are fabulous! Love the colors of the first card and the embossing in the second. Excellent!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Pat. I think you "Nailed it" on both cards! Love that Butterfly!!!

Amber Porter said...

Great job with the challenge! I like both of them.

Anonymous said...

WOW Pat, two cards, I like them both. Great job

Mary Dawn said...

i love them both, actually, beautiful work

Anonymous said...

Pat, they are both very pretty. Love 'em.