Saturday, February 9, 2008

Layout: Western Day


Did you ever have a picture that you cherished? I did, with this 5” x 7” picture of my son in the upper left corner of layout. It took me a while to finally get to these pictures since I loved that picture so much, but I am happy with how it turned out! (If you would like to see the details on the layout, click on the picture).

The title on the layout was printed in word, printed out, then stamped with images from Stampin’ Up (Bronc Buster & Wanted) and a stitch stamp from Just for Fun. I also inked the edges. I repeated this on the labels for each photo and on the stamped elements, too.

I had one extra element that was too big for the layout, so I make an oversized card out of it, below.
The paper on the layout is Bohemia Paper from My Mind’s Eye (my favorite line of paper, ever), as is the frame in the right corner. The paper, stamps and ink on the card are from SU.
Thanks for looking -- have a creative weekend!

6 comments:

Chrissy D said...

The scrapbook and the page are fabulous Pat! TFS!

rozie640 said...

Your scrap page is wonderful. So much going on and it all ties in. Beautiful, love the Wanted card too..

Anonymous said...

Pat, This is a wonderful layout. I agree that the picture of your son is one to treasure. All the details of the layout work so well together but what interests me most is the flower in the lower left-hand corner. Who would have thought that a flower would be the perfect accent in a western themed layout. By coloring it brown, it fits perfectly! TFS
Sue

Susan said...

Oh wow - what great pages. And you're so right, that photo is just perfect.

Linda Carson said...

AWESOME scrapbook pages Pat! Your son is really cute! I bet those girls are already chasing him around.....

Margaret Raburn said...

Great scrapbook pages, Pat! Your son is growing up, getting more handsome every day! Love the card too...an extra bonus from your project!