Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Broom in a Vortex

 


Did you ever have an idea for something that you just couldn't let go of, even if it didn't pan out the first 7 times you tried to make it work? That, my friends, is this card. I wanted an orange-on-black Vortex (using the Vortex Stencil) for my card and I didn't want to do it with embossing powder.  I sprayed through the stencil. Used Distressed Oxides through the stencil. Used some paint through the stencil. I used other media through the stencil. Nothing looked good to me...not what I wanted.  

So to get here, after all that...I put VersaMark through the stencil and embossed it with an Orange Embossing Powder. Just what I didn't want to do! I was trying too hard...but knew when to get back to basics to make it work. 

Doesn't the Vortex Stencil look a little like a hurricane wind? Something about this   when it is combined with the Mile on My Broom stamp just gives me that Wizard of Oz vibe.  Is it just me? I'll have to try that with the Wisdom of Oz stamps - but this time I will START with the embossing powder!

No comments: