Sunday, April 19, 2015

I so rarely have time to create these days, so when I do, I kind of go hog-wild.  While preparing for my weekly email (TJ Inkspirations, email me at phuntoon@optonline.net if you are not receiving it), I played around quite a bit to make some new things and explore the Art Anthology line of paints, stencils and sprays even more. All of these can be found on the Technique Junkies website, here: http://techniquejunkies.com/products-and-accessories/

I posted two quick tutorials on the Design Team blog Friday, and one yesterday, so it is time that I post here with more ideas!
Today I am painting the AA Velvets directly onto my stamp, then using a painted stencil for the background.

 If you try this, I STRONGLY suggest that you have water and cleaning tools right next to your elbow. These paints dry fast. It is an advantage of the paint, of course, but you also want to protect your other supplies.  I washed my stamp, stencil and paintbrush immediately with no ill effects to any of them.

First, I painted the flower portion of the  Whimsical Garden stamp with Desire Velvet Dimensional Medium. I painted the stems with Limeaid Velvet.  I immediately stamped them on paper. I wanted to see if I could get two printings of them -- and the second turned out pretty well - a little lighter, of course, but still usable.





1 comment:

Beth Norman said...

Your dandilions really pop. Love your background too.