Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Cheers to dad

I made this card for my Father-in-Law for Father's day. I was browsing through the Twisted Papers website and found this totally fun image -- how much fun is that? My FIL is not a card-lover -- he really just throws them aside -- so technically I made this for me and the other people who will be around when he opens it on Sunday. I DO think he will appreciate the image, though! 

The Patchwork Background (June 2010 issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter) uses a Stampin' Up! Stamp in the background (and inside the card), and a Starving Artistamps stitching stamp. Inside the card is this:


and I couldn't resist adding just a bit of flocking on the foamy top of the beer glasses, both on the front of the card and inside. Oh -- don't forget that Technique Junkies receive 50% at Twisted Papers with the code TJ50 until July 31st, too!

Cheers to him -- even though he is not a card-lover, he is a GREAT father-in-law -- and I adore him!

 

2 comments:

Pam said...

Cute card, Pat! Thanks for sharing!

Susan said...

OOOH, I like this card a lot! great bkgd.
Susan