Thursday, February 19, 2009

A personal note & a card, too...

I don't like to do this normally, but I have two things to post along with today's card.

First...I have a ton of sets on eBay that I am selling -- and more being put on every day. You can find them HERE. Please take a look if you feel like shopping! I need to make some room : )

Second, some of you may remember that I had to put my dear dog down at the end of the year. I have been very lonely, and just this week we decided to adopt a dog from our local Humane Society. Well, we hit the jackpot! Ajax is a 2 year old American White Shepherd and he is a mush -- loving, sweet, spunky -- and to top it all off, SOMEONE trained this dog very well. I am in love already! Here he is in all his glory:


Okay, now for today's card:

This card uses the Duotone Resist Technique from the February 2009 issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter as a background. The stamps are from Innovative Stamp Creations. Enjoy!

8 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

He's beautiful Pat, your card is too! Enjoy your new family member!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh- he is beautiful. And, what did you name him? That is great that he is so well trained. Oh- your card is beautiful as well.

Sue Davis said...

Hi Pat! I always read your posts - even tho I don't comment much... Love your new addition... he's very handsome and good for you for going to the shelter! I also bid on one of your ebay sets... good luck selling.

Sue Davis

Barbara said...

What a beautiful dog! Sounds like you've hit the jackpot! Isn't amazing how we can get so attached to our pups? When they are gone, there is a HUGE whole in our lives!! (I lasted 2.5 weeks after I put my last dog down! Now I have 2!!)
Great card! Simple, but stunning.

Anonymous said...

He looks wonderful--kudos to you for supporting your local animal shelter! I am so sure he is grateful for such a loving home.

Marilyn said...

Congratulations on your new addition to your family!

We had a wonderful German Shephard named 'Becky' who was with us for 16.5 years before she passed away. There is never a day we don't remember her with love... she was special!

Enjoy getting to know each other.

Love the beautiful card and the layout...thank you,
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Pat,

Congrats on your new best friend. He looks beautiful and sounds like a wonder guy!!

Hugs to you!

Elise

Holly said...

Gorgeous dog! And how fortunate to have landed with you!!!!