Friday, March 28, 2008

Blogger's Challenge - Spring flowers


Today's Blogger's Challenge is all about Springtime Flowers. I have a whole bouquet for you!
My friend Ida sent me this cat image -- she knows how much I adore cats, after all (if you want to know more about my cat "affection", go to my "Cruel Cats" page-- it may just make you laugh!). I do have to admit, that this cat is cute. Mainly because it is just an image (LOL).
My cat & the flowers were colored using Watercolor pencils and a blender pen. The cool background uses the Artsy Dimension technique from the newest (April 2008) edition of the Technique Junkie Newsletter. I thought the colorful background with the flowered Cuttlebugged dimension added just the right touch to the cat. The inside of the card says "...a wonderful spring".
Sorry that I can't tell you who makes the cat -- it was not my stamp. Anyone know? In any case, go check out the work of the other stampers on the Blogger's challenge list on my sidebar. There are tons of great artists in the challenge!

19 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the colors - so springy!

Lynn Mercurio said...

I can't wait to get my new TJL issue! Great card, and that little fluffle is so very adorable holding that bouquet! Great job Pat, as always!

MJ said...

What a fun card. I love those little fluffies. Adorable. The colors are great and so spring like, now if we could just do something about the weather! By the way is that a new pictue of you on your blog. You look great!

tonistamps said...

That is SO cute Pat!

Nikki Bond said...

Love that BG paper and the image is toooo cute! Great job! {SMILES}

Anonymous said...

Love the card..love cats! Very cute!

Love the new photo of yourself..very pretty !

Bunny B said...

I love the colors too! And that cat is adorable!

Basement Stamper said...

I haven't used that image yet...love the background; it's gorgeous!!!

Lisa Bohler said...

Pat! Is that a new picture? Love it! Also love your card! Those colors are so vivid and springy! Puts me in a great mood!

Connie Babbert said...

CUTE!! I love Fluffie...and your SPRING card!

Rebecca said...

Cute card! The stamp is a "Fluffles" from Stampendous!

Shirley said...

The card is gorgeous and that little cat is precious!

Anonymous said...

Cute card Pat and yes that cat is "fluffles". I have many of them but the one I like the best is the Thanksgiving one, where he says,"What feathers". It is by stampendous and there is a whole line of them. His Easter one is cute to with the bunny with no ears. Fluffles reminds me of Garfield, maybe that's why I like him so much.
Keep up the good work.
Granmaknit @aol.com

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Cute image Pat.....great card!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

This is gorgeous. And who doesn't love fluffles?

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a beautiful mix of colors! Love your background! :D

Amanda said...

Totally cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome background--the colors are very pretty!

Lori said...

Love the cute cat image and the fun background.