Saturday, June 30, 2007

Blogger's Challenge Friday (on Saturday)...




One of the things that inspired me -- okay, pushed me -- into starting this blog (other than all those Stamping Scrapbooker's emails!) was an invitation from Lisa Somerville to join her Blogger's Challenge Group. Each Friday I will post a challenge card from the group, along with links to the bloggers in the challenge. Of course, I am a day behind -- but better a day late than not at all! Besides, I am still learning the ins-and-outs of this blog thing -- you would think that I would have it down with three websites (patstamps, techniquejunkies and stampingscrapbookers) under my belt. I love a challenge, though!

This is the card I came up with for the challenge.
The challenge was to was to copy a card layout with changes made to the stamps, ink, and card stock – but keeping the actual layout in place. The original card can be found on page 10 of Stampin' Up!'s Fall/Winter Preview Catalog. I chose to do a "Christmas in (almost)July" theme... I think my air conditioning was set too low this morning! In any case, I did change it a little, but don't tell Lisa!

Here are the other Blogger's in the challenge - go take a look at their cards!

Stamp with Sue
All such great stampers -- I hope you enjoy these challenges every week!

Here are the ingredients for this card:
Stamps: SU Snowflake Spot
Cardstock: SU's Wild Wasabi, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery
Ink: SU's Elegant Eggplant
Ribbon: SU, and Unknown
Other: Stickles (purple)
Would you like this card? Each week I will be giving my Blogger's Challenge card away -- simply leave me a comment and I will randomly pick someone to mail the card to!
Are you part of a challenge group? If you are -- for stamping OR scrapbooking, any company -- and you would like me to join, let me know -- I just love a challenge!


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great one, Pat! This is so fun...can't wait to see what we do for next week.
Leigh

Kerry D-C said...

Great job, Pat!!
Fab blog too!

rozie640 said...

Fabulous card Pat, OMG all you Blog ladies are killing me. I wake up every morning and see what's going on in Blog land. Good for you, count me as a regular!

Stacy said...

Pat, what a gorgeous card! And I love that the colors are different from the usual Christmas colors. Yep -- I'm so glad you've got a blog now!

Anonymous said...

HI pat!
Congrats on the new blog..lookin' good!
Sue

Arlene said...

Great job This is so refreshing to see different colors for xmas and not the usual red/green. Pat you have the magic touch...Good luck with the blog..
Arlene

Ida said...

Great card Pat, I love that snowflake set! - Welcome to blogging too. Have fun. Ida

SusanBluerobot said...

so happy to hear that you are now blogging look forward to visiting you blog regualarly thanks heaps for all you do
Bye For now
Susan
bluerobot@exemail.com.au
http://susanbluerobot.blogspot.com/

Karen said...

love it Pat - love the color combo for this!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Pat! And welcome to "blog land"!

Anonymous said...

Oh Pat, I love this card.
Christmas in June/July, I need that, its a steam bath here.
Love the blog, look forward to your posts! Don't know how you keep up.
Denise

Anonymous said...

Love your blog. The challenge of using the catty is a terrific idea. I have an SU snowflake set that lingers in the closet. Maybe time to get it out and try something challenging;)

Lisa Somerville said...

great card Pat - love the purples for Christmas

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

great idea stamping in the circles!