Monday, February 1, 2010

Technique by Design Blog Hop

Want to become a TECHNIQUE JUNKIE FOR LIFE?
Greetings! If you started here, you should know that we are having a BLOG HOP today to celebrate the introduction of the new Technique by Design feature being rolled out in the new February issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter. You may want to take a couple of minutes to start at the beginning of the hop at the Design Team blog, here: http://techniquejunkies.blogspot.com/.

If this IS your final destination, you have come to the right place!

This issue marks our first this year of the Technique by Design feature -- and I am inviting YOU to play along! Simply follow the directions in the newsletter HERE (this is a password protected page - if you need your password for the issue, please feel free to email me) for using our sketch to design your card and send it to the Technique Junkie egroup, send it to me directly via email OR post it to a public forum and post the link using "Mr Linky" below. If you are using a forum other than the TJ group, please make sure to specify in the post that this is your entry for the Technique Junkie "Technique by Design" contest.   In order to qualify for the drawing, your card must use one Technique Junkie technique on it (from any issue of the newsletter). And you must be a Technique Junkie to enter this challenge contest.

On March 15th, I will randomly draw one of the cards using a random number generator. The lucky winner will become a TECHNIQUE JUNKIE FOR LIFE. That means you receive all the back cds and issues if you do not have them and then everything I publish from now on just gets automatically sent to you. As long as I am publishing the newsletter and CDs!

So get those cards in...I want to see what YOU do with the sketch!

Want to know how I made mine? I used three techniques: The "A" squares use the Antiqued Glimmers Technique (December 2009 TJNL), the "B" squares use the Herringbone Technique (December 2009 issue) and the "C" squares use the Double Embossed Metal Technique from the Current February 2010 issue. The top panel uses a gorgeous stamp from I Brake for Stamp's Time to Stamp collection. And the word Harmony is from a very very very old and retired Stampin' Up! set.

Here is where you post your link, if you are posting it to your blog or a public forum:

Thanks for playing along!

12 comments:

Chrissy D said...

STUNNING Pat! Love the soft colors - absolutely gorgeous! TFS!

Vickie Kertz said...

The sketch thing is a great idea. It really gets us thinking. TFS your wonderful creation

Evelyn S. said...

What a beautiful card, Pat! I've 'hopped' to every blog....they all look great!

Cathy Y said...

Pat, your card is really fantastic! I think everyone did a great job - very inspiring. I also like the sketch ideas.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous card- Yep- I would love to be a technique Junkie for life (on paper-already am a TJ for life in my head.....) and will be working on a card to submit- Thanks for the fun! Great Blog Hop!

Shelly Hickox said...

Love these colors - your card is beautiful, Pat!

Lynn Stevens said...

Beautiful Pat, ohhhh A junkie for life now thats the kind of habit I could get into. I'll be working on a submission!

Unknown said...

What a great idea for a hop theme. I love the sketch and managed to get to all the sites today. I'm looking forward to checking out the new techniques and seeing what I can create from the great inspiration I viewed.
Thank you :)

Patti J said...

Pat, your card is beautiful. I love the techniques and the colors that you used. Your creativity astounds me! Thanks so much for inviting us to participate in your sketch/technique challenge! I can't wait to give it a try! I love your hops - they are always so easy to follow along with! Thanks for sharing!

Sharon said...

OK, I just have to post again! What a great hop and what great inspiration.........not only the chance to become a lifetime member, but gorgeous artwork by the Design Team. Way to go, girls!!!

rozie640 said...

Your card is beautiful, I love the use of three different techniques. Awesome!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Awesome idea and sketch and card, Pat. I must be blind, I cannot find the deadline, is it 2/28, 3/14, ???? Procrastinators want to know...winkwink xoxo, Aimeslee