Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sweet Cupid Wisped Frame

How can I resist giving my youngest son a sweet football cutie pie? The images on the Cutie Pie set from Artistic Outpost are just too cute for words!

And my son will HATE it. But it is nothing against the stamps or the card itself -- he just thinks all stamps are stupid these days. Gotta love 14. It was better when he "helped" me do techniques when he was 8. . So I guess you can say that I made this card for me! LOL

In any case, my card uses the Wisped Frames Technique from the current February 2010 issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter to highlight my football dude. I have a really cool frame stencil sheet from Impression Obsession that has decorative edged rectangles, and that is what I used for the wisped frame.  I also used the Paper Tole Technique from the June 2003 Newsletter on the football (I haven't added the Crystal Effects yet, but I will). It's hard to see the dimension in the scan, but it is there, and it really makes the "Be Mine" on the football stand out.I colored my dude with Gamsol Pearls, too (June 2006 TJNL -- I am really spanning the years here!).

Happy pre-Valentines day !


5 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this card- and a fun image! TFS

rozie640 said...

Awesome little to medium dude card. Love the colors and the techniques you used.

Donna Lee said...

I really like this vintage style image and how well you integrated it into a card a young person today would appreciate.

Lori said...

I Love it Pat! I think my son would too and he is a grown 30 something! Maybe you should save it for your son when he is older. LOL! Hugs Lori

Connie Fossenier said...

Pat...love this card of yours and I even have that image...Wisped Frames shall be one of my staple techniques..
Thanks for such an awesome newsletter.
connie paxman