Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Alex!

Today is my son Alex's 14th birthday. How did he get so old? My baby is...well, not a baby any more.

In any case, this is his birthday card. Although a bit plain, it is shimmery in person -- the snowboarder was done with the Shimmers Direct Technique, and the blue numbered background is the Dabbed Shimmers Technique. Both are in the February 2010 issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter.

I kept the card pretty understated -- my boys hate ribbons, bows, flowers and other stuff. It's best to just keep it simple!
All Stamps: Stampin' Up!

6 comments:

Carole in Chicago said...

Great card!!

Elaine A said...

Happy Birthday Alex! Wishing you a really cool and fun day!

Pat - I love the card!

Elaine Allen

StampinCathy said...

Happy Birthday Alex! This card is beautiful and love the look of this technique. You can just see the love you put into this card.

Gailanne said...

What a fabulous card for a snowboarding teen! Love it...well done, Pat.

Anonymous said...

Very nice indeed, yet boyish too!

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh this is cool! My son would love a card like this! Will have to go back and see how you did it and where you got the stamp! By the way, I'm celebrating my 3 yr blogversary so head over and sign up for my giveaway if you'd like. :D Marva