Sunday, February 14, 2010

Brayered Brilliance Valentine

This is the last Valentine for me this season...

I used the Brayered Brilliance Technique for the background (from the February 2010 Technique Junkie Newsletter). The flourish I used is from the Rustic Artsy Swirls Set from Innovative Stamp Creations.  This background is gorgeous and has a subtle shimmer that is not showing up, unfortunately.

The image is from Twisted Papers. I colored the black and white image lightly with colored pencils. I love having the ability to alter these images however I choose. (Make sure to check out their awesome discount on my sidebar, too!) The flowers are Decorated Pretties (October 2009 Technique Junkie Newsletter). I layered those two items over a purple piece that I stamped with a Stampin' Up! Stamp in white, then misted with a silver shimmer spray. It's a pretty piece all on its own!

I hope you are having a great Valentines Day!

7 comments:

rozie640 said...

Wow, that background is beautiful, it must really sparkle. Love the tinted vintage art piece, beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Adorable--I need to do some projects with my brayer--this might be the time to dig it out again!

StampinCathy said...

This is just beautiful. Love the technique and the colors you used. Happy Valentine's Day!

iBeth Norman said...

Lovely. Great idea to colour your black and white image--nice way to match the bg.

Anonymous said...

Rather nice site you've got here. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Best wishes

Anonymous said...

love this!!

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Pat, I just have to tell you, this card is just beautiful!!!! Marva