Friday, February 19, 2010

Blogger's Challenge - sketch challenge

Today's Blogger's Challenge was to create a card using the sketch on the right for inspiration. A very easy sketch, really. My interpretation is above. I chose to be very literal with this one!

My card uses the Glassy Embossing Technique from the February 2010 issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter for the floral designer paper portion. It's too bad that you cannot see the embossing very well in the scan -- it is really pretty in real life! The images used are Glamour Girls from the Time to Stamp Collection at I Brake for Stamps (use code TJ10 for 10% off, junkies!). The gorgeous striped lustre cardstock is from the Paper Temptress.

A list of the other Blogger's Challenge players can be found here.  Enjoy!


16 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful card- I really like the colors- great image and wonderful Bloggers challenge card! TFS

Lisa Bohler said...

So classy, Pat! Wonderful combination of color and design!

Chrissy D said...

Beautiful background and card Pat - I really have been enjoying that technique!

Basement Stamper said...

Fabulous image and the background is awesome with the image!!!

Ida said...

Wonderful card. Love that Glamour Girl image.

Connie Fossenier said...

Love the glassy embossing technique...I really like the image and color combo.
connie paxman
connie paxman

the PaperTemptress said...

Love Love Love Love this card and especially the image you chose to use, I think I am going to have to add that one to my collection! Thanks for sharing.

Patricia
the PaperTemptress

Marsha Fisher said...

This is gorgeous! I love the image you chose, and am intrigued to learn more about the technique!

Susan said...

LOVE this sketch, might try it later this weekend.

anyway...I rec'd the BOUDOIR stamp plate today and your fun "Oh Baby" card which looks even MORE FABULOUS in person...LOVE IT!

and great newsletter...I am considering joining...but I would like to get ALL the past ones...what can I do about that also? and when it comes to a large purchase like that (buying EVERY past issue) can a payment plan be worked out? Jus wondering
:) thanks, Susan

Unknown said...

Cool card Pat, I love the colors and your image is fab!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very pretty Pat! Lovely colors! :D

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Beautiful Pat, I didn't know you posed for this!

Unknown said...

Very classy!!

Unknown said...

Great card! Love the technique!

Selene Kempton said...

Very cool card Pat! I love the colors and that gorgeous image! Way cool!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Luv the card Pat, worked great for the layout!