Thursday, November 20, 2014

Day 11 of the 30 Days of Christmas

Today's card is all about dimension!  I have this really cool window in my stamp line (SD299), and I just had this idea rolling around my head for a while to create a scene behind it. What better than a scene that evokes the warm, homey scene of little boys playing? In my head, we are Santa on Christmas Eve, waiting for the rambunctious boys to settle in for the night so that he can take his trip down the chimney...



When creating the window, I decided to cut the window piece completely, and use a stamped piece of acetate for the glass. When you peek into the window from the sides, you can see more of the boys playing:

The stamp used for the boys is called Pillow Fight (#SD324) and the sentiment is Magic of Christmas (#SD428).
Tomorrow we have a guest blogger -- see you then!

2 comments:

Beth Norman said...

What a cool idea to put the figures behind the window. I love this card.

Anonymous said...

What a charming card! Is the brick background an embossing folder? I love the window on that background.......

Sue McNeill
ssmcneill@hotmail.com