Sunday, November 16, 2014

30 Days of Christmas, Day 7

Today is Day 7 of the 30 Days of Christmas! Today I decided to use non-Christmas stamps to create my card.

The main part of this card uses the Birdie Tree Stamp (#S500, $9.95) as the main image.  I stamped the tree in brown ink on the kraft paper, then again on another sheet in red. I then covered the birds with Red Glass Glaze (from Viva Decor), and once they dried, I cut them out and placed them back over the brown birds.  The snow was made from a Marvy Snow Marker. I don't know about you, but I was bummed when I learned that Liquid Applique was not being manufactured anymore; it was my go-to tool for making snow.  I am here to tell you that the Snow Marker is almost EXACTLY the same thing! Apply, heat and, viola! Instant snow. In any case, here is the card:
The vertical sentiment is from the Simple Sentiments Set (#SS3C); Wonder is from the Dream Hope, Wish, Wonder, Set (SDX019).

Until tomorrow!


No comments: