I joined a challenge on an SU-based egroup this week for cards that glitter. I drew Leigh's name (no pressure there!). This idea -- Glittered Cuttlebug -- was something I found on Sarah Bevard's blog (Craftaholics Anonymous) this morning. I thought it would be great for Leigh's card. I also know that Leigh loves ribbon, so I built the card's colors around it.
To make your Glittery Cuttlebug Card:
- Run cardstock and embossing folder through the Cuttlebug.
- Gently rub Pigment Ink over raised areas.
- Dump on Stamp and Stick Powder and Remove Excess.
- Heat according to manufacturer instructions (usually until it just gets shiny).
- Pour on the Glitter; remove excess.
- Heat set (not necessary, but it does blow off the extra glitter!!!)
I hope she likes it!
Try this card and let me see what you do! Leave a link in the comments or simply email me a .jpeg image (TJ members, you can put them on the group) and I will put them up here!
Stamps: Stampin' Up! Birthday Whimsy
Paper: Groova Guava, Bashful Blue, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Cameo Coral Pigment Ink, Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Groovy Guava
Other: Stampin'Up! Rub-ons, Stamp and Stick Powder, Dazzling Diamonds, Stickles, Ribbon