Thursday, February 7, 2008

Enjoy Every Moment...


How did I live without this technique before? This card was made using the Opalite Color Infusion Technique from the February 2008 issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter. This picture does not do this card justice. I am not sending this to anyone -- I am just keeping it on my desk for a while. I never just stop and enjoy the stuff I make! This is so shimmery and pretty... Not to mention that it is a great reminder to enjoy my life a bit more (any of you have 14 y/o boys? You may understand why I need the reminder!).
Other than the gorgeous shimmer on the BG, I love the look of the tiny bit of texture on the "Enjoy" panel. I just took the edge of the cardstock and tucked it into a cuttlebug embossing folder about 1/3 of the way, then ran it through my Cuttlebug. <--Marvelous little machine, isn't it? A swipe of ink on the bubbles finished it off.
Hope your Thursday is happy. I can't wait to show you my garden for tomorrow's blogger's challenge card!!!! (thanks Dee!)
Ingredients:
Stamps: Stampin' Up! Enjoy Every Moment
Ink: Opalites in various colors, Gable Green , Orchid Opulence, Pink Passion Dye Inks (SU), Stazon Black
Paper: Gable Green, Basic Black, Whisper White
Other: Prima Flower, Bling from ?, Cuttlebug and Embossing Folder

10 comments:

Donalda said...

That is just gorgeous. I am going to have to do this one soon
Donalda

Linda Carson said...

WOW! Fantastic piece of artwork!

Linda Carson

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Beautiful card. I really like the tiny bit of cuttlebug embossing. Just wait until the 14 yr old turns 16! That was absolutely the worst with mine.

Unknown said...

Shiny and beautiful makes you just want to hold it,stare at it, and touch it gently.
Thanks, it was all my pleasure!!!

Dee

stampqueen said...

Beautiful card!!!! I like to look at some of my cards for awhile too.
I don't have a 14 y/o boy yet - 12 so I have a year or 2 - but my DD is 13 so.....
tera

MJ said...

This is very pretty. I need to check out that techniuqe-- I have a few of those pads and never use them. Maybe tonight is the night! I hope. Love the way it looks on this card.

Jules said...

This is a fantastic card!!! I love how you just embossed the corner with your bug!
I really love the colors as well!

Ladystamper said...

I love how you did the cuttlebug on just part of the front. You are so very clever!

rozie640 said...

Another little beauty. Love the background and I love how you used a sentiment as the art piece. I need to do more of that. Beautiful.

Unknown said...

ooooh love it - i just subscribed - hope i will still get the feb issue....???? and yes i do have a 14 yo boy - actually turned 15 last week and a 17 yo boy too! so i feel your pain! also have a 1 yo girl :P