Friday, August 26, 2011

Back to Back Bird Watching

Home sweet home! Although we had a good trip (most of it was good -- some of it wasn't so great), it is always great to be home. Just in time for Hurricane Irene! I have a ton to do today, but wanted to pop into blogland to share a bit with you before I jump into my emails with both feet. 

This card uses the Back-to-Back Technique (from the August 2011 Technique Junkie Newsletter) for the background, with the main panel highlighted with a Torn Frame (December 2008 TJNL). All of the stamps are from Stampin' Up!. This was a perfect card for LNS Challenge 135, too, since I adore the stamps, the buttons, the clips, the lattice Embossing folder...you get the idea!!

I love this set of stamps. Birds always remind me of my mother -- she was a bird-watcher, and got excited every time she would see something vaguely exotic. It makes me smile just to make bird cards. I think I have a bit of her in me -- I spent a considerable amount of time this week with binoculars glued to my face, looking out of over the spectacular salt marsh on the Delegal River in Savannah from my Mother-in-Law's floor to ceiling windows. And yes, I saw ALOT of birds and got just as excited as my mom used to!

Hope you all stay safe from Nature's fury this weekend!

5 comments:

Kris McIntosh said...

I love this card. Makes me excited to use this stampset.

Rose said...

your card is beautiful, love the colors and techniques used. Love your story about your mother.

Michele said...

this is the prettiest card ever! a sweet post. xo

Beth Norman said...

Welcome back. Sorry to hear some of your trip was bad. Onto better things, eh?

Your card is adorable. Your work with this technique is always so awesome.

Evette K. said...

Love your bird card. I too love to see any and all birds and the stamp images of birds are just getting better and better on most sites. Welcome home. We are in Upstate NY and expect wind and power outages and trees down. We have had alot of rain this summer. Just really afraid for my son and daughter-in-law and three grand-daughters on Long Island New York. They are way out on the island and I am afraid they are gonna get slammed with this awful hurricane. I am praying for them and anyone in the way of this big big storm. God bless. ekc