Friday, February 25, 2011

Blogger's Challenge: Sketch Challenge

It's Friday and I am finally getting my Blogger's Challenge card posted! What a  whirlwind my life has been this week...I am actually amazed that I was able to post anything at all.

 I used the Petal Punch from Stampin' Up!, along with some of their Sell-a-bration sets (Are you sick of this flower punch yet? I am a little addicted to it). The background uses a  Stamp Camp background stamp under the SU stamps. The total effect is  It is a hybrid of the Bandana, Background Whimsy, and Pencil and Ink backgrounds, with some Glimmer Mist thrown in for good measure.
I love the way this flower turned out! I used the vintage paper from Stampin' Up!, a white Sharpie pen, and Glimmer mists on the petals. I had to take a little liberty with the sketch (below)  though -- what do you think? Is it close enough?

You can play along, too -- simply create something using the sketch, and upload your card with the links below. Have fun!



15 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Beautifully done Pat! What a wonderful blossom and this color is so soft and pretty! :D

Elaine A said...

Hi Pat -

Nope, not sick of the flower! I actually love the way it looks. I really love how this card turned out. And I don't think you deviated that much from the sketch.
Enjoy your weekend.

Elaine Allen

Basement Stamper said...

Your flower is amazing! I love how it turned out!

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty! Love the blossom!

Lisa Bohler said...

What a stunner! I love how you used the punch to create a fantastic card!

BarbaraW said...

Beautiful flower, beautiful colors. Love your interpretation of the sketch.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

I love this, Pat. The green tones are so beautiful and the flower is gorgeous.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful background- I love the subtle technique. The flower is so pretty- I have not played with that punch at all.....love the pearl center in the middle of the flower.

Snoopy said...

Oh, Pat, this is GORGEOUS!!! I love the pearl center too! Fantastic!

Hugs,
Snoopy :D
http://www.snoopyshomemadefun.blogspot.com/

JP Card Crazy said...

Love these colors Pat...and that blossom is stunning!

Dawn said...

This is the best way I have seen this punch used so far, great job!

Tami Black said...

This is absolutely beautiful -- I can see the sketch but I wouldn't care if I couldn't -- gorgeous!

Marsha Fisher said...

Gorgeous flower and color!

Chrissy D said...

Love the flower on this Pat! SOOOO PRETTY!

Lori said...

Love your take on the sketch! The flower's perfect for the circle element.