Friday, February 4, 2011

Blogger's Challenge Reverse Herringbone

I am delighted to be able to participate in Blogger's Challenge this week, especially since the theme this week is to use one of my favorite color combination: black, white and red. I always love this combination! This week, though, I am especially excited because of the card above!

Sometimes you just make something and it just makes you feel happy. This card does it for me! My Butterfly uses the Reverse Herringbone Technique from the soon-to-be-released Emboss or Die CD from the Technique Junkie Newsletter. I just love the technique, and I adore my butterfly! I paired it with these pretty little pearls, some paper lace, and a lovely saying from Stampin' Up!. 

Like the technique? You can pre-order your copy of the CD HERE -- there are 79 techniques on the CD, all in step-by-step, pdf format -- with pictures for each step -- plus great artwork examples from the TJ design team. All designed to help you get the most from your Embossing Folders, Die Cut Machines, and Electronic Cutters. It is only $17.95. So much inspiration for so little!

The BC players are listed below -- click on any thumbnail to see their work, and play along, too! Have a great weekend.

16 comments:

Chrissy D said...

COOL DESIGN, Pat!!! I will have to try this one! Have a blast this weekend!

Lisa Somerville said...

Very striking! Love the butterfly,fab design!

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful design, the reverse herringbone on this butterfly is gorgeous!

BarbaraW said...

Beautiful card. Love that butterfly and the pearl body is so cool.

Tami Black said...

I would never have thought to use this technique on that butterfly -- love herringbone anyway, but this is a real eye catcher!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Beautiful card, Pat. Love your butterfly embellishment.

Lisa Bohler said...

I can see why this card makes you happy! So absolutely wonderful!

Ida said...

Wow your butterfly is awesome and really sets off your card.

JP Card Crazy said...

Love this card and the Reversed Herringbone butterfly it made me smile too!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great butterfly- cut out in the herringbone- too cool. Have a great weekend!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Terrific card Pat! That butterfly is simply fantastic! Wonderfully done! :D

Lori said...

Great design! Love the patterned butterfly--very cool!

Nikki Bond said...

Stunning technique! {SMILES}

Barbara said...

Lovely! That butterfly, especiall, is just so pretty!

Anonymous said...

I really need to learn that tech. as everytime I see it --I LOVE it! great job--Nola

Marsha Fisher said...

I can see why this card makes you happy...the butterfly is fantastic! Great overall layout and use of the color combo too :0)