Saturday, July 7, 2007

Scrappin' Chicks Gone Wild

Thursday's mail came with my Club Scrap Pizza Box. I was so surprised -- my kit usually doesn't arrive so fast after a holiday, but I am constantly amazed at Club Scrap's customer service. It just so happens that I took Friday off to scrap with some friends, so the timing could not be better.

I had these pictures from a crop I went to in New Jersey (SDV: Scrapbooking Dream Vacation). My friends and I try to get away two weekends a year to crop like lunatics, and this layout uses the pictures from our last getaway in February. The photos had a distinct yellow cast -- something I could have easily fixed in Photoshop, mind you -- but when I saw this paper, I decided to use them as they were! They are perfect for this paper. The theme of the kit this month is "Bistro". The paper has a whimsical French feel...I had so many ideas pop through my head when I saw the kit! Love, Travel -- and Girlfriends -- things that I imagined myself using the paper with. There is a fabulous texture to the paper, too -- I just don't think there is another company out there that produces such high quality paper. (noooo, Club Scrap does not pay me or compensate me. I just have been a very loyal fan since June 2002! I am kind of like that -- get me enthused and I am a fan forever -- kind of like a puppy ... oh but I digress...)

Did you notice the word "Wild"? I had fun stamping that! I stamped each letter on white paper with magenta ink. Then inked one of the other stamps in the kit (little French Bistro stools -- so cute) with black ink, and I stamped those images randomly over the letters. I just cut those out, attached each letter to black, cut out again, then put a THIN layer of Glossy Accents (aka Crystal Effects or Dimensional Glaze) over them and let them dry. The effect is a glossy word that just POPS!.

The pages above were made with the kit (except the work "Wild" -- those are Club Scrap's "Big and Tall" alphabet letters). All of the paper, stamps, beads, ribbons, smaller stamped images and fonts, tags and other items on the page are all CS. I LOVE the circle embellishments (see it above the photo beneath the word "wild"?). The kit is an amazing value, I think -- I actually made 6 pages already and still have 8 full 12"x12" papers left - plus a ton of embellishments!

I will post some of the other pages this weekend...Hope yours is fabulous!



1 comment:

rozie640 said...

Oh my gosh, I want to be a wild scrappin' chick!! I have to arrange a trip to your house during a meeting. The bottom right photo looks familiar, it reminds me of all the stuff we had out on tables in the Cape. You girls look like you had a fabulous time! I'm jealous. Rose