Monday, June 18, 2012

Zagged Newsprint for Dad

I make a lot of cards every year, and every year my husband gets one of the cards I made for a newsletter issue or a CD. Although I am still making them by hand, I always feel guilty about them because I feel that I am not making them for him in a personal way. This year, I made him his "own" card!  It does use a technique, of course -- the background is the Zagged Newsprint technique from the Stampin' Companion CD. The CD is only 17.95 for 70 tutorials using all Stampin' Up! products in step-by-step, pictorial format in pdf format -- a bargain! You can see the complete list of tutorials and Order the CD HERE. Just select the Stampin' Companion CD from the pull-down menu of CDs.

I just received new stamps, inks and die cuts from Stampin' Up!, and I couldn't wait to play with them with his card. I was delighted to use one of the papers from the Fan Fair DSP pack to layer over my newsprint. Here is a list of what I used:
All Items, Stampin' Up! :
Stamps: World's Greatest, Family Reunion
Ink: White Craft, Not Quite navy, Crumb Cake
Paper: First Edition, Fan Fair DSP, Cherry Cobbler, Not Quite Navy
Dies: Apothecary Accents Framelits, Bitty Banners Framelits
Other: Essentials Paper Piecing Pack, Basics Glimmer Brads

Hope you had a great Father's Day!



1 comment:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great card- love the background and the R/W/B color theme.