Wednesday, March 28, 2012

One thing leads to another...

Did you ever start out to create one thing, then end up with something completely different? That's what happened here. I was going to create a card using the Stencil Stamped Background Technique from the Stampin' Companion CD -- and I ended up with a completely different card! In between, I discovered something new and filmed a tutorial with my discovery. Go figure.

Today's card uses two techniques. First, the turtle was colored using the Marker Blending Technique from the Stampin' Companion CD (70 Tutorials exclusively using Stampin' Up! Products - only $17.95!). I layered Mr. Tortoise on a background using the Back-to-Back Tutorial from the August 2011 issue of the TJ Newsletter. I'll have to share the other card another time!

Ingredients:
Stamps: Nature's Nest, Wonderfully Worn, French Filigree, Woodgrain, Tiny Tags
Ink: Lucky Limeade, Soft Suede, Basic Black
Cardstock: Lucky Limeade, Soft Suede, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories: Blender, Stampin' Up! Markers, SU Twine, Tiny Tag Punch, Square Lattice Embossing Folder



2 comments:

Patrice Herrera said...

Wow Pat, your coloring is amazing and the texture on the card is fantastic too

Az Scrappin Sisters said...

Very nice...paper really fits the turtle colors...I can just see the turtle wandering the beaches in that card.