Monday, March 26, 2012

All about Texture: CB Smoosh

It has been a LOOONNNGGGG time since I have been creative just for the fun of it. It seems like I am always working on a new issue of the Newsletter or a New CD and I just run out of time to keep up with creating things that just make me happy. Well, I just finished a new CD --  to be announced later this week -- and the newsletter is in great shape, so I allowed myself some unfettered creative time!

I decided to play along with the Late Night Stampers weekly challenge #166: Texture. This is how I challenged myself: I opened my Emboss or Die CD and selected a technique randomly, then worked out my card! I wanted to use a color combination that I normally wouldn't, and I really like how this Peach/Tangerine/Limeade combination works. 

I am so happy to have created this card! I hope you enjoy it. If  you would like the directions for the background, it is on the Emboss or Die CD: 79 tutorials using Embossing folders and Die Cuts, for $17.95. I think I will spend part of my week opening CDs and picking tutorials out randomly!

Ingredients: All Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Creative Elements, Word Play, Growing Green
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Lucky Limeade, Peach Parfait
Ink: Basic Black, Peach Parfait, Tangerine Tango
Accessories: Scallop Trim Punch; Lucky Limeade Ruffled Ribbon, SAB Brads, Basic Black Dotted Ribbon,; Clips Assortment, Flower Embossing Folder

1 comment:

Patrice Herrera said...

What a stunning card. I love the embossed image and the tech you used to highlight it yummy!