Wednesday, October 19, 2011

SQSC9: Pick your Poison


Spooky scary Halloween....skeletons and rats and brains oh my! I love this time of year -- remembering how happy my kids were, how excited, brings back warm and happy memories for me. So today, for the Stamping Queens Sketch Challenge #9, I bring you my spooky skeleton to wish you a Happy Halloween season.

I used the Curled Corners Technique (February 2011 issue) and the Torn Frames (December 2008 issue) from the Technique Junkie Newsletter on my card. After all, it just wouldn't be one of my cards if it didn't have a technique on it, would it?
Make sure you visit the Stampin' Queens Sketch Challenge Blog to see the other creations from the other designers -- so much variety and fun! And don't forget, you can play along, too!

Here is the original sketch:

While I deviated a little, the basics are still there...and I love how this turned out. I had to twist the skeleton's arm a bit to convince him to hold up the sign, but the dead aren't phased by things like that!

Stamps: Stampin' Up!; Poison Stamp set and Pick Your Poison Designer Paper, Black Paper, Pumpkin Pie Paper, Vellum, Buttons, White Craft Ink, Black Ink, Waffle Paper

No comments: