Thursday, August 12, 2010

Try that Technique: Gated Tag Card

Today's Try that Technique is the Gated Tag Card from the February 2008 issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter.  What you see above is the INSIDE of the card -- with the tags.
One of the things I love about this technique is that there are lots of parts to stamp -- the more the merrier! Here is the outside of the card:

My Gated Tag Card uses the Arts and Crafts kit from Club Scrap. I love the stamps and paper from this kit. So elegant and beautiful! I chose to stamp my tags and the outside of the card with colors from the designer paper; I used markers to color the separate areas of the stamps. On the inside of the tag packet, I used the stencil from the kit and sprayed Glimmer Mist over it to get the gorgeous designs onto the olive card stock.  Do you ever fall in love a little bit when you create? I fell in love with this card...just a little bit. 

Make sure to check out Beth's card, too, on the TJ Design Team Blog. That girl can STAMP!


Just a quick story about the Club Scrap Kit...last week, I received my kit mid-week and I was smitten. Sometimes I am hesitant to cut into my kits; they are just too pretty to violate! Lately, though, I am on a mission to actually use them and spread the joy of their existence. When I received this last week, I quickly went about making the Try that Technique card -- because I mistakenly thought LAST week was Gated Tags. I had to wait a WHOLE week to display this card!

2 comments:

CindyLous News said...

I love this! I've made several variations of this, all wiith tearing involved, which goes 180 degrees against my grain! But I've never seen one without it, so it hadn't occured to me.
Thank you for your example.
Can't wait to stamp-lift it!

Gina Wrona said...

What an awesome idea! Thanks so very much for sharing.

Hugs,
Gina