Thursday, August 26, 2010

Try that Technique: Fossil Stone


Today's Try that Technique is Fossil Stone from the April 2006 issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter. Try that Technique is a feature started by Beth Norman and Diana Enns; each week a technique from a past issue is spotlighted and we encourage you to try it.

Fossil Stone is such an easy technique! If you have the 2006 issues or the Purple CD4 (2006), I encourage you to Try that Technique this week!  Post your work on the TJ egroup or the TJ Design Team blog on Beth's post with a link HERE. You could win a week on the TJ home page!

A little about my card...first, the background is Fossil Stone, and it has been stamped with a definition background stamp from Innovative Stamp Creations. The gorgeous butterfly collage is from Alluring Impressions (make sure to enter TJAUG10 for 10% off at Alluring Impressions!), and was colored using the Ink Wash Technique (April 2007 Technique Junkie Newsletter). The card also has a bit of Wild Webbing, one of the 10 bonus techniques on the soon-to-be released CD8.  Now, I didn't originally intend on adding the webbing to this piece, but I was looking for an accent...and it was sitting on my desk...and it just kind of attached itself to my piece.  The colors were just too perfect together!

Don't forget to order your CD!

Oh - one more thing...after I finished making the card and photographed it, I realized that it is the exact same layout as yesterday's card. How could I not realize that until I was ready to post this?

2 comments:

Beth Norman said...

Beautiful card Pat. Funny how we both used butterflies.

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful card Pat! I'm drooling lol. Cheers to you.