Friday, October 9, 2009

Blogger's Challenge - Sketch

It's Friday and I am just sliding in with this submission for today's Blogger's Challenge. Today the challenge was to use the sketch below as inspiration for our card.

I chose to use a Decorated Pretty with a Faux Turquoise Stone Center. Both Techniques are from the October 2009 issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter. The saying stamp and stamp on the flower are from Stampin' Up!, the stamp on the pink Faux Turquoise is from Stampendous.

One of the things I did with this card that doesn't show in the scan (and that I could not get a good picture of) is that I outlined each of the embossed areas with glitter pen. Holy cow, this is a gorgeous card in person! I did not put the extra brad-like things on the top and bottom of the vertical panel, either -- they just seemed superfluous with my design (although they look great on the cards from the other players!).

I hope you have a great weekend. If you have a few minutes, check out the artwork from the other Blogger's Challenge players -- the link to each of them is on my sidebar.


20 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. I have yet to try this technique, but plan to play this weekend. Thanks for giving us such great designers and techniques.

Elaine A said...

Pat -

What a fabulous card! The whole look is very elegant. Thanks for sharing with us.

Elaine Allen

Lisa Bohler said...

That is so gorgeous, Pat! Love the stone tech and the colors that you used!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Great card Pat, love all the details you have put in there.

:) Marcia P

Basement Stamper said...

Very pretty card, I love the flower & think the shimmery looking embossing is great!

Norine said...

you did a great job on the sketch love that flower so pretty
Hugs
Norine

Jane Wetzel said...

this is gorgeous!

Connie Fossenier said...

Pat love the color tones and the stamped flower...just received my TJ newsletter in the mail today...
the flower centre is just stunning.
connie paxman

Rachel Hope said...

So pretty! Love the design on the flower and center!

Nikki Bond said...

Very pretty! Love the treatment you did to the flower! {SMILES}

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Beautifully done Pat! Your blossom is lovely! :D

Unknown said...

Very pretty! I can only image how beautiful the glitter must look. Also, that stone is just gorgeous. I must try that technique!

Tami Black said...

I love this! Very, very pretty!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card and I love that flower!! Great job with the sketch too!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous card- I would love to see it IRL...hahaha I bet the glitz is out of this world!

Ida said...

This is so pretty. I just love the center of your flower.

Ida said...

This is so pretty. I just love the center of your flower.

Anonymous said...

Love the center of your flower! Great background. So glad you found time to play! See you next time, Nola

Connie Babbert said...

Beautiful, Pat! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Love the card and flower too! So pretty Pat.