Monday, January 21, 2008

A new sketch challenge - A Beautiful Thing

My friend Mary Jo Price Williams -- AKA Technostamper -- just started a brand new blogger's sketch challenge, and I am proud to be part of it. I haven't really done many sketch challenges, so this was interesting for me. Watch my blog each Monday for the "Technostamper's Monday Lunchtime Sketch." I hope to participate on as many Mondays as possible. Take a look at Mary Jo's Blog to see who else is participating -- she will have a list posted at noon EST.


Here is the sketch we used for our creations:

I chose to use Stampin' Up!'s stamp set " A Beautiful Thing", along with some of the papers from SU!'s Ginger Blossom Designer Series Paper. I have to say, I just love these papers and the colors...I think they are my all-time favorite SU papers. I distressed the heck out of the papers, added a few layers, and viola!

Thanks for stopping by today! I have lots of stuff to show you tomorrow, too!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card Pat!! We used the same ds paper, my card is posted too.

MJ said...

Ohhh, how pretty. Love the flowers hanging over the edge and the distressing is beautiful. Thanks so much for playing your card is terrific.

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful card Pat - great colors and over all design! So soft and pretty.

rozie640 said...

Beautiful card Pat, love the distressed look. Excellent job!

Valerie Byrnes said...

Pat this is fabulous! So your back to distressng again? It works so well on this card. And I'm so excited I'm getting that stamp set this week.

Anonymous said...

Very Nice!!!

Basement Stamper said...

Great card Pat, I love the distressed looking edges!

Kerry D-C said...

ooooh! aaaaaah! gorgeous card, Pat! Love the distressing. you did a wonderful job with this sketch.

Kathi Carlson said...

Beautiful card. I love the sketch.

Ida said...

Wonderful Pat, Lots of great details. The distressing is a great touch as well as the brads and ribbon. Check out my sketch card too at: http://faithartistry.blogspot.com

Cheryl said...

Great card and sketch. Love this new set.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Stunning! And what a brilliant idea to distress the papers. I've GOT to try that. :0) Mel

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Pat, this is a great card! I love the distressed, shabby chic look.

Anonymous said...

Pat, your card is lovely. Thank you for sharing it and the sketch.

Margaret Raburn said...

Pat, love your card! Ditto to all the above comments! Margaret