Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Bright and Colorful Creations

I joined a color challenge on one of Yahoo lists last week to use Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie and (either) Green Galore or Garden Green to create a card for a partner. Well, if you read this blog, you know me -- I can't just make one! I made three for this challenge and had my kids select which one went to my partner.

Since the list this was for is strictly Stampin' Up!, the materials listed below are all from SU. The top card uses the Fabulous Flowers, Brocade Basics and So Many Sayings Sets. To make the large flower:
  1. Color the flower with markers in the colors desired. I used turquoise on the center petals and green on the outer petals.
  2. Spritz the flower with water and stamp on white CS.
  3. Spritz stamp again and stamp the flower on the green panel to make the background paper. Note: I spritzed and stamped several times for multiple images.
  4. Allow the flower to dry, cut out, add pop-dots, and pull up some of the petals around the edge for more dimension.

The second card, on the left, was made using the Priceless and So Many Sayings Sets. Note that I Made a Popcorn Scallop Border and added eyelets in every other lower scallop. Directions for creating the popcorn scallop border are here. I also used a flower from the Pretties kit and colored it with dye reinker and water.

The final card (below) uses the Wanted, Fabulous Flowers and Priceless sets, along with the Sanded background. The words and the orange dots are covered with Crystal Effects. It is very striking in person! This is the card I sent to my partner. I think my boys chose it because it is a very in-your-face card -- the words just pop right off the page.

This is not a combination that I have ever worked with before, so it was a little challenging for me! I really like it, though -- such striking cards. So, which is your favorite?

12 comments:

Juliet A said...

I think I like the second one best. Although I've seen your popcorn borader a few times, I like it best on this card - I think the eyelets really add something. Although all the cards are good, and the color combination is surprisingly strong, the middle one is the one that really stands out as being different and new.

Anonymous said...

My choice is the first one with the 'ever greatful' on it... i love what you did to the background on the green paper, Gorgeous!
TFS...

Anonymous said...

I really like them all, but my fav is the one you sent. "Dare To Be Fabulous"

Very pretty and striking is right!

barb hendrickson

Susan said...

Gosh, I love them all! If I have to pick only one, I like the middle card with hearts the best. I like the balance of colors in it. But I just LOVE that flower; and I am crazy over the Dare to be Fab saying. Great job on all the cards!

Deborah said...

Hi, Nice to meet you and find your blog! I love all 3 of these cards! I guess if I have to decide on one I would say the middle one. TFS- Stop by and visit soon! Deb

Cheryl said...

While I like them all I have to go with the top one. I have held off getting this set but it goes in on todays order! You can never have enough flowers ;-)

corinnesomerville said...

I love them all but I really love the first one !! Love the technique and layout...it's beautiful !

Have a good day
Corinne

Kimm BT said...

Love the first card with the big flower! But all 3 are great!
Kimm

Lisa Somerville said...

Pat, especially love the layout you used on the last card!

Lisa Somerville
www.lisasomerville.blogspot.com

rozie640 said...

WOW Pat, I love all three, it is impossible to chose just one!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you've had a blog since June and today is the first day I noticed it! So glad I stumbled across it. Love, love, love your stuff!

Anonymous said...

Pat, this isn't an easy choice. Had I not seen #3, I would have definitely chosen #1. I adore both of them! I do love misting stamps, and the technique look beautiful on card #1 for sure! Yet I LOVE the way #3 just pops!

~Bev