Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Distress Oxide Poppy Bouquet


Oh, the Poppy Bouquet. I have to say, this is one of my favorites from the www.techniquejunkies.com April 2018 release. It is pretty with all of the coloring mediums I have tried on it, and very versatile. Last week several of the Technique Junkies Designers colored it as a background, so I decided to show you today what it looked like fussy-cut.

To color the Poppy, I used Derwent Inktense pencils, then I cut it out with scissors. The background was created by embossing the Love Script background in white, on white paper, then colored with Distress Oxide Inks using a blending tool. I have to say, the Emboss Resist Technique works particularly well with Distress Oxide Inks; not only do they blend well, but they wipe right off the embossed areas, leaving a crisp image behind.  

To finish, I used pop-dots to raise the image off the background and to give it dimension.

I hope today fills you with inspiration!
Pat Huntoon

3 comments:

Ceal said...

This is Gorgeous! Now I need that love script background 😍

Cheri said...

How cool this looks fussy cut! Love it against the script bg...so romantic!

Beth Norman said...

Indeed this is a favourite. It is so stunning and I love how fun it is to colour. What you did with your stamp is magical. The background is lovely and the colours just pop.