Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Veiled Woman - Oldies but Goodies


Hi All! Today kicks of the first ever "Oldies by Goodies" Wednesdays here, and on the Technique Junkies Facebook Group. Each Wednesday, we will celebrate stamps that have been released at least a year ago, reminding of our hidden gems!

Today my "Oldie" is a trio of stamps that were released last March (2016). I can't believe how much I use these stamps, and how many times I have combined each of them with other stamps.

The main image is Veiled Woman. To color her, I used Copic Markers, just adding touches of Caucasian skin tone to her features and lips. She really doesn't need much coloring! I layered her over the Classy and Fabulous sentiment, using a piece of Rick-Rack as a transition.

For the background, I used Copic Markers to color the Mosaic Scallops background stamp. I wanted to create layers with this stamp, so I colored the smaller portions of each scallop with darker hues and lightened up each scallop with lighter hues as they "fanned" out. One of the things I REALLY like about this stamp is that it can be used with the scallops facing up or down -- it is pretty either way!

I hope you like our new "Oldies but Goodies" feature! If you haven't already done so, please take a moment to join the Technique Junkies Facebook group - so much is happening there these days! Here is the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1217840814981827/

3 comments:

Joanna said...

I love the Veiled Woman stamp! Here's my card: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/562950022152674667/

Beth Norman said...

Very classy, Pat!

Kathy S said...

I adore her!