Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Welcome to the HOP!



Welcome! Today is Day 30 of the Technique Junkie Newsletter 10 year Anniversary Bash, and we are celebrating today with a Blog Hop! The TJ Design team is joining in today with a very special prize. If you arrived here from Holly's blog, you are in the right place - the final stop of the hop. If you STARTED here, take a minute to go to the Design Team Blog and follow our hop back to here. The artwork is worth it!

Our idea today was to show our favorite techniques with the hop. Holy cow -- with over 1000 techniques published, asking me to pick my favorite is like picking a favorite child! Instead, what I decided to do was to pick my favorite fold -- The Tall Accordion Card from the Fancy Folds and Motion CD. I love this fold because it is so easy -- and since it stands up so nicely, it is lovely to display, too.

 I have two cards here to show you. The first is one (above) that I designed for Make and Takes for our Trade Show booth during 2012. It uses Close To My Heart Stamps and one of my favorite color combinations: black, white and red.

The second, on the right, uses Club Stamp papers and stamps. On this sample, I also used two more techniques. First, the peacock feather in front was colored using the Brush Wash Technique from the October 2011 issue. The center portion uses the Cuttlebug Highlights Technique from the October 2008 issue, with a bit of gold embossing to match the gorgeous gold paper.

So you are probably wondering what the prize is today, right?

One lucky winner will have the opportunity to become a Guest Designer for an issue! The winner will have their artwork published on the TJ Artwork site, and at least one piece will be published in the paper issue. You will see the issue two months before everyone else, too! Oh yes -- I will add a year subscription to your prize, too.

To win this giveaway, simply leave your email address and a comment on this blog post. My random number generator will select one lucky winner on Thursday, November 1st (Hurricane Sandy/Power Outages Permitting). Good luck and thank you for coming to the hop!

Congratulations to Beth Parker, the winner of the Guest Designer Prize!

46 comments:

Jill P said...

I like this one too

Else49 said...

Really nice card!

edeg49@gmail.com

Hetty said...

Great cards, Pat. I love the zigzag idea.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love these cards- that is a technique I have not tried.....yet..! The design is so eye appealing- and love that you can showcase a technique on the middle panel.

Niki said...

This is one of my favorite folds from your CD. marvelous cards, as always.

It's been fun to celebrate with you all month!

Niki

StampingJudy said...

How lovely! I just bought the same set!

Barb’s Kreations said...

What a great prize. I love your card designs.

Beth Norman said...

Your cards are gorgeous. This is definately a very interesting fold and I love how you decorated it up. Congratulations on your 10th birthday. Here's to many more!

Beth Norman said...

Your cards are gorgeous. This is definately a very interesting fold and I love how you decorated it up. Congratulations on your 10th birthday. Here's to many more!

nancy y said...

super cards! They give a lot of real estate for decorating. It's been an awful fun month celebrating with you. Hope you are safe from the storm.
nancy

nancine at sbcglobal.net

Heather A said...

Two lovely cards and a great fold! Awesome prize today! TFS.
gilles.arsenault2@sympatico.ca

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous cards, love the fold, really adds interest!

Vicky said...

What a great blog. I like every one of the techmiques. I need to get my newletters out & do some of the techniques. I like these cards that you did too.
Vicky

Sue D said...

I like the cards you made with this fold.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Patti Hojnacki said...

I love this fold for Effect and beautiful presentation

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful month it has been, Pat! I look forward to checking out the post each day, and today was no exception. Your artwork as well as the blog participants was wonderful. Thank you everyone!

Peace
Beth
bethparker1@charter.net

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed all the great samples of techniques featured this month.
Betty Ackley
ackley@jps.net

Holly said...

Fabulous cards and what an awesome prize!

Anonymous said...

I will be trying this as soon as I get off. Love both cards.
Sabine yeagerv@comcast.net

itzamitzi said...

I love the card but somehow I manage to mess up cards that require special measuring and cuts, so I don't usually make this type. [I would if I could get them to turn out like yours.]

itzamitzi@fcwebs.com

Unknown said...

Love the folded card! I am not sure I am quite that advanced yet but look forward to trying it.

- MaryBeth

Vickie Kertz said...

Sometimes I get in rut and don't try new folds for my cards. Thanks so much for giving me some new inspiration.
momkertz at live dot com

Cheryl B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl B said...

Enjoyed your cards! You do a great job with the newsletters!
cherylben at earthlink dot net

Unknown said...

love the colors
nancyp
nancyp69@new.rr.com

BarbaraW said...

Pat, Choosing one favorite technique from so many would be impossible. I love the fold you chose. Your cards are gorgeous. This has been a fun month. Love what you and the design team have done!
barbarawshngtn at gmail dot com

farnorthstamper said...

These are so cool; what a fun fold. And what a fun prize too!
Thanks,
Bonnie S.
stampin-ak at gci dot net

farnorthstamper said...

These are so cool; what a fun fold. And what a fun prize too!
Thanks,
Bonnie S.
stampin-ak at gci dot net

Joellen Adams said...

This is lovely!
Hugs, Joellen
joellen1@frontier.com

Joyce Spear said...

Guest Designer? Oh my, what an honor that would be! And SUCH great motivation to put some techniques to work! I think this would be SO much fun!

Smiles,
Joyce
stamperjoyce at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely fold!

Julie

tropical.stampa@y7mail.com

Jenniferjay said...

I am a fan of the black & white with red as well. I am REALLY crazy for the Damask Pattern in Black & White.

Barbara Hoch said...

Pat, I did this same type card for my daughter when she graduated from college. It is so easy to do and looks so impressive - from Barbara Hoch cistamps@centurylink.net

Jamie Valimont said...

My heart goes out to all of you on the east coast as you recover from the devastation of Sandy. Hoping everything gets back to normal for you very soon!

relishrules@earthlink.net

Anonymous said...

Two great prizes!!! If I win I sure hope I am up to being on a design team, but I would love to try!
Jeanne
1johannes@charter.net

Laura said...

These tri-fold/zig zag cards are so much FUN! Thanks so much for sharing!

billiejo said...

I had a delightful time visiting every blog for this hop. In fact, I had a delightful time all month and thank you so much for taking time to let us celebrate your anniversary with you! I feel like it's my anniversary too!
I love the tri-fold card and your cards are awesome! Thanks for reminding us that we can fold it to suit our stamps.
(Just a note... I commented on every blog, but at least one recorded me using my alter ego (Sandy #1781), my Fiskateer number)). I love that we have a chance to be part of TJ for an issue. Thanks.
Sandy W - my dot billiejo at gmail dot com

Kathy Eddy said...

These are spectacular cards. Hope everything will soon be back to normal for the entire East Coast area!

firewoman55 said...

Really like this composition and the colors!

Highdesertstamper said...

have seen this fold and wondered how to make it.. Very neat looking card!

Highdesertstamper said...

Love the zigzag card!! highdesertstamper@gmail.com

Rose said...

I am so thankful for different size card designs. I get so stuck in A2! This is another card sample that makes me want to go make one just because. Thanks-

Priscilla said...

Love these cards and the colors. I haven't tried this technique yet. Guess I have to get on the ball! Thanks for 10 years of wonderful inspiration with the newsletter and cd's.
cardjunkie16@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I love dressforms- this is a cool stamp set! Hettyvj @yahoo.com

tn_mama said...

Another nice giveaway, thanks Pat.

Alice
aarterburn at comcast dot net

Karen McAlpine said...

Great technique pick. This is a really fun shape. Love that dress dummy stamp too.