Thursday, September 20, 2012

Zig-Zagged Headless Horseman on an easel...

When I saw this ubercool image from I Brake for Stamps, I was enamored! I love the Legend of Sleepy Hollow and the Headless Horseman, and this image is a fun representation of it. I used a few techniques from the Technique Junkie Newsletter to create this easy easel card, too.

The first, of course, is the Easel Card. We have an Easel Card Tutorial on the 3D and Fun Folds CD.

Second, the background is the Zig-Zag Technique. This can be found on the Stampin' Companion CD. The background was straight lines when I started!

Finally, I colored the image with both Chalk Pastel Pencils and Colored Pencils. A tutorial for using Blending Chalk Pastel Pencils in the June 2011 issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter. When I was done, I swiped the piece with Antique Linen and Black Soot Distress Inks. Here's a close up of the coloring:

No Halloween card it worth it's salt without a spider, right? I had some fun with the buttons, too!
 Don't forget that Technique Junkies get 10% off at I Brake for Stamps, too -- use Code TJ10 at checkout.  Have a great day!

No comments: