Monday, January 17, 2011

By the Inch with Silken Mist

One of the things I love best about the By the Inch Technique from the October 2010 issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter is that ANY technique can be used for the collaged background. After 8 years of producing the newsletter, I have a HUGE drawer of cardfront-sized sheets of technique papers. It is a joy to pull a random one out and create something entirely new!

This By the Inch card uses stamps from smARTworks. The background was a piece of Silken Mist (October 2006) that has a gorgeous, subtle shimmer to it. I used 7 or eight smARTworks stamps to create my collage.  I added touches of silver, gold and some crystals throughout this card -- it is a shame I couldn't capture them with the camera lens.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Elaine A said...

Pat -

What a lovely card. I really like how it turned out and your use of color.

Elaine Allen

Anonymous said...

This is a gorgeous card! I love it. thx.