Monday, August 10, 2009

Faux Sanding with Asian Artistry

It feels like it has been forever since I completed a creative project from start to finish! Since coloring 1000 pumpkins or 2000 frogs in the CHA booth while demoing for Copic in their booth doesn't exactly count as creative work, I was itching to make something! I finally broke away from my computer screen long enough today to play in the Technostamper Sketch Challenge #82. It has been a VERY long time since I have played -- but I am committed to doing this at least twice a month, because playing in this challenge allows me to just, well, PLAY.

Here is the original sketch:And here is my interpretation....and it is very literal! I used the Faux Sanding Technique from the August issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter for the coral/orange panel in the back. The front panel was colored with Copic Markers. The stamps are from Stampin' Up!'s Asian Artistry Hostess Set. It is a little hard to see from my picture but the verse and flower are popped up from the back panels.
I love the way my card turned out -- and I am sending it to someone I know who approaches life with abundant enthusiasm, and who kept me up until 3am three nights in a row!

I hope you get creative today, too!

5 comments:

MJ said...

This turned out beautiful. I am so glad you played along. I can not imagine coloring that many of the same images over and over--YUCK but it sure must have been fun to demo at CHA. I love the new newsletter. Great job as always.

Anonymous said...

Pat, I love the way your card turned out too. It is so beautiful. Love the background technique.

marciad said...

Beautiful card. The colors are so serene.

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous!!!
Would love to try this tech.!
TFS!! Have a great day!!

Basement Stamper said...

Great card, love that faux sanding, it looks beautiful with the Asian image.