Friday, April 17, 2009

Blogger's Challenge - colors

Today's Blogger's Challenge was a color challenge. We were to use Sage, Sahara Sand, Artichoke and Chocolate card stock on our creation. Personally, these are not colors I would have chosen to go together -- but they are GORGEOUS in person. I love challenges where I learn something new! The other players in the challenge made some gorgeous artwork, too (click on the Blogger's Challenge link on my right sidebar for the links to their blogs).

Of course, a card would not be a card without a technique on it. First, I used the Drywall Stitching technique on the top panel (April 2009 issue of the TJ Newsletter). The chocolate panel also uses a TJ technique -- Cuttlebug Smoosh -- only this time, I used one of my new embossing folders from Stampin' Up!. Love those new folders! All of the stamps are Stampin' Up, too.

Thanks for stopping by today -- have a nice weekend!


15 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

Very nice Pat. You didn't mention that you tied little pieces of twine (?) in each corner. Very serene and calming...

Ida said...

Very nice card Pat. The stitching and the twine corners are wonderful touches. Love the image you used too.

Rachel Hope said...

Gorgeous!

Claudia Perry said...

great card!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Beautifully done Pat! That dry wall technique looks fantastic! :D

Barbara said...

Lovely! You made this color combo look fabulous together!!

Basement Stamper said...

Great card Pat and love that technique!

Chrissy D said...

I agree with you, Pat! I would not have put these together but I Love these colors together and your card is a beauty!

Cheryl said...

Very pretty Pat!

Phyllis Strickland said...

What a beautiful card.

The only embossing folder I could find on the SU catalog is a Manhattan flower. This looks like a design from the Texturz Plates Kit #4 which are not embossing folders. I have all the Sizzix kits and they are a set of six plates and then you need the Sizzix Impressions pad and silicone rubber pad which are in the Starter kit ($19.95 for both items Plus a set of 3 plates/6 designs.

Unknown said...

soooo pretty!!

MJ said...

This is truly beautiful. I so love these colors. Love the corner treatments

Patrice Pierce said...

Beautiful card! I love the corners!

Unknown said...

Very pretty Pat, I love it's simplicity.

Selene Kempton said...

This is so pretty! I love the stitching of the twine corners.