Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fisher of Men -- My Funky Valentine

I just love this plate of stamps from Artistic Outpost. They are so vintage-chic -- and the sayings are all so much fun, too! This is one of the Valentines for my honey (yes, this is my funny one). I think I will put this in his lunch on Friday morning so that he knows I am thinking of him. That way I can give him a romantic Valentine Saturday!

If you missed it, this stamps sheet is the one I am giving away in THIS POST. Enter to win it!

My card was made using the Block Collage Technique (from the February 2009 issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter). After I made the collage, I decided to cut it down quite a bit -- I wanted a frame effect. I layered that on chocolate chip cardstock, and that was layered on a piece of textured olive paper I made using the Cuttlebug Smoosh Technique (from the October 2007 issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter). Oh, the fish on the line are cut out and popped, too, and I painted them with Shimmerz paints. Another TJ Vendor, Clear Artistic Stamps, has them in stock right now, AND TJ members receive a 15% discount! Sorry I didn't get a better shot of them.

Did you know that the newsletter is only $16.95 per year right now? The special pricing is only good for a few more weeks, so if you have been considering subscribing, do it now!! And yes, the pricing is also good for renewals, too. Please email me for details or if you would like an invoice from PayPal.

Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Pattyjo said...

Your card is awesome!
Pattyjo

Norine said...

what a nice card great job
Hugs
Norine

Niki said...

Great card, as always. I love this plate of stamps.

Niki
nrw745 at yahoo dot com